Monday, 3 April 2017

March Wrap Up


We are officially ⅓ of the way through 2017. Does that scare you? It kind of scares me but at the same time it’s really exciting because 2017 is shaping up to be a good year!

Read

  • Labyrinth Lost - Zoraida Cordóva ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Under the Udala Trees - Chinelo Okparanta (audiobook) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Sofia Khan Is Not Obliged - Ayisha Malik ⭐⭐⭐
  • The Year of Living Danishly - Helen Russell ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Hold Your Own - Kate Tempest ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Agatha: The Real Life of Agatha Christie - Anne Martinetti, Guillaume Lebeau, and Alexandre Franc ⭐⭐⭐
  • Er ist wieder da - Timur Vermes ⭐⭐⭐ (review here!)
  • First Love - Gwendoline Riley ⭐⭐⭐⭐

All in all, a really good reading month where I read quite a few different genres, which is a bit unusual! The stand out books for me this month were The Year of Living Danishly, Under the Udala Trees, and First Love



Book Haul

  • So Viel Hitler War Selten - Daniel Erk
  • The Distant Echo - Val McDermid (audiobook)
  • Eichmann in Jerusalem - Hannah Arendt
  • The Almost Nearly Perfect People - Michael Booth
  • Pocket Lonely Planet: London

Now. You may be thinking “Zoe, you wrote that post about how to buy fewer books, so WHY am I seeing so many books on your haul this month?”. Well, dear reader, it is partly because of my current German essay I’m writing about Hitler publicity and how media portrayals of Hitler have changed. The other part is because I am a sucker for a good deal (2.99 for an audiobook?? 4.99 for a Lonely Planet book?? Please and thank you).

Personal Update

  • Easter break is here and it was extremely welcome! I had a very stressful last couple of weeks of term but I’m back home now with a bit more time to spend on blogging and bookstagram.
  • I went to Marrakesh! It was fab, it was hot, there was yummy food, and we bought a tagine.
  • Readabilitea turned one year old! I am so happy and I can't wait for the years to come

Blog Posts


Posts I’ve Loved


How were your months? If you've got a wrap up, don't forget to link it in the comments below!
Happy reading,
Zoe