Thursday, 2 February 2017

January Wrap Up


Hello strangers! Is it just me, or did January carry on for just a bit too long? Bring on February!

Read

  • Girls Will Be Girls: Dressing Up, Playing Parts, and Daring to Act Differently - Emer O’Toole ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • The ABC’s of LGBT+ - Ash Hardell ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Hygge: The Danish Art of Happiness - Marie Tourell Soderberg ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • When Breath Becomes Air - Paul Kalanithi ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • I Let You Go - Clare Mackintosh ⭐⭐⭐⭐

January has been an odd month. What I read overall was great, it was just I was generally reading very little, and it actually got quite disheartening at points. I’m (hopefully) back into the swing of things now though, so expect to see more of me!

The books that stood out for me this month were The ABC’s of LGBT+, Hygge: The Danish Art of Happiness, and When Breath Becomes Air.


Book Haul

  • Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone - J. K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J. K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - J. K. Rowling
  • Das Schicksal ist ein mieser Verräter - John Green tr. Sophie Zeitz
  • My Life in Circles - Brandy Colbert tr. Nina Frey
I am so proud of myself for cutting down my book-buying recently! I actually only bought the Harry Potters for £10 after I sorted them out from a donation we got at the charity shop I work at. The other two were gifts which I am so so grateful and hopefully will help me integrate German into my everyday life more.

Personal Update

  • I GOT ONTO MY MASTER’S COURSE. This is perhaps the biggest news I’ve ever had, and it came really early on in January. It makes me so excited that I’ll be a Publishing Media Master’s student as of September this year!
  • I started all of my new modules at uni! They are quite difficult, but really interesting + exactly the type of linguistics I'm interested in
  • I went to see Two Door Cinema Club live. I have loved them ever since their first single was available as an iTunes Free Single of the Day, and I'm so happy that I finally got to see them at a gig.

Blog Posts


How were your first months of the year? I've been away for a while so I would love to find out! Let me know by commenting below, and keep your eyes peeled for another post soon!
Happy reading,
Zoe