Thursday, 1 December 2016

December TBR

New month, new TBR! I’ve noticed that I have not been able to reach my reading goals for each month ever since I started setting myself TBRs. One reason is I just overestimate how much I read in a month, but the other reason is I get so distracted by library loans and deviate from my TBR drastically! This month, I’m prioritising and only giving myself a TBR of 3 books - that way, anything else I read is a bonus. I’m going to *try* and read them before I read anything else from the library.

  • The Vegetarian - Han Kang
  • Everyday Sexism - Laura Bates
  • Girls Will Be Girls - Emer O’Toole

These are all books that have been sat on my TBR for way. too. long. and it’s about time I read them! I also want to get to them because Everyday Sexism and Girls Will Be Girls are both picks for The Feminist Orchestra Book Club - Everyday Sexism was actually the pick for November, oops!

Obviously, there are so many other books I'd love to read, but December is shaping up to be a busy month and I'm going to be on the go a lot so it may turn out that I don't have much time to read anyway. Check back in a month to see how I did, and don't forget to follow me on Goodreads, Twitter, and Instagram to keep up-to-date in the meantime!

How do you guys find setting TBRs? Do you, like me, overestimate how much you read?