Thursday, 3 November 2016

November TBR


Hello bookish people!

This post marks the first time I’ve actually formalised a TBR! I wrote a while back about why I didn’t create a monthly TBR, and I wrote more recently about why I thought it would be a good idea to try it out. The keen-eyed among you, and those of you who follow me on Instagram, will notice that Grief Is the Thing with Feathers is in my TBR pile photo but is missing from my write-up. This is because I zoomed through it yesterday after already having taken the photo, so it was included on my October Wrap Up instead - #bookstagramproblems.

  • Another Day in the Death of America - Gary Younge

This is the first book on my list because it’s a library loan and needs to go back the soonest. It takes a look at one randomly chosen day in the US and the gun-related deaths that occur on that day. I’ve heard so many good things about it ever since I first heard about it on Jen Campbell’s Booktube, so I’m looking forward to reading it soon.

  • Everyday Sexism - Laura Bates

I was supposed to read this last month for Jean @ Jean’s Bookish Thoughts Feminist Orchestra Book Club, but unfortunately didn’t get around to it. I don’t think it’ll take too long to complete, so I’m definitely going to read this. Definitely!

  • The Vegetarian - Han Kang

I still haven’t read The Vegetarian - what am I doing. I did actually pick this one up in October, but then I had an influx of library reservations come in so I put it on the backburner. So many people want to talk to about it so I must must must finish it.

  • Nevernight - Jay Kristoff

I’ve had Nevernight for ages now and I think the reason I haven’t read it yet is because I know I’m going to like it. I’ll get to you soon Nevernight, I promise.

  • Gemina - Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

I flippin’ loved Illuminae, and I’m currently in the process of making it known to all of my friends and making sure they read it - it was one of those books. I cannot wait to read Gemina and continue with the story.

  • milk and honey - rupi kaur

I’m waiting to read this because I want to sit down for a couple of hours with some tea and make my way through it in one go. The poems that I read in Waterstones before I bought it were incredible; I couldn’t believe I was actually reading poetry and enjoying it.

I’m very optimistic about getting these books read this month because I have a feeling I’m going to race through a lot of them, and 2 of them are poetry collections.

What are your plans for November? Link me to your November TBRs below!
Happy reading,

Zoe