Saturday, 29 October 2016

6 Months Later


Readabilitea is 6 months old! Time truly flies.

When I first started Readabilitea, I couldn’t really see it growing into anything and if I’m completely honest it was more of a career move; I realised I wanted to go into publishing whilst I was on my year abroad, and didn’t think I had the necessary evidence to show my passion (I probably did, but couldn’t see it at the time). I’ve tried blogging before and it didn’t work out; I couldn’t stay committed and struggled posting good, regular content. With Readabilitea though, I seem to have found my thing, my groove, my own lovely corner of the internet.

I’m immensely proud of what I’ve created - even if my blog isn’t something I shout from the rooftops about. I’ve learnt so many things, from how to deal with the endless struggle of maintaining an Instagram theme to what my reading habits are like, as well as that YA can be read by anyone and everyone.

I’ve read so much in the last months that I would have never even heard about had it not been for the wonderful book blogging community. Turns out, I really like fantasy, and it is actually possible for me to enjoy poems because not all poetry is rigid and so riddled with metaphor it’s beyond understanding. My favourite discoveries from book blogging have been Sarah J. Maas’ writing, and Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.

Looking ahead, I have a few things in-store for Readabilitea. I want to change from using Blogger and buy my own domain. This is something that I didn’t want to do just when I was starting out because I wasn’t sure about how committed I was, but now I feel like it’s the right move towards a more professional blog. If you have any tips on moving from Blogger, please let me know! I need all the help I can get!

I also want to get more book reviews up, which is something I’ve been doing more of recently anyway, and I also would like to generate more diverse content: Q & As, discussion posts, more How Tos. If there’s anything you want to see more of in particular, don’t hesitate to comment below.

Lastly, thank you to all you guys who read what I put up on here. I love reading your comments and I love knowing you enjoy what I’m doing because I’m also really enjoying it. Here’s to many more months to come!

Happy reading everyone, and have a lovely weekend!
Zoe