Saturday, 24 September 2016

Current Tea Faves

Hello loves!

You may be sat there thinking “for someone who has ‘tea’ in their username, Readabilitea sure doesn’t post a lot about tea” and you would be echoing exactly my thoughts over the last couple of months.

The truth is, blogging about books is much easier than blogging about tea, because getting hold of books is a lot easier - I can just go to the library and come away with 10 new reads, whereas, as much as I would like to have a cupboard full of 100 different varieties of tea, I am a poor poor student with neither the shelf space nor the bank account to buy all of the teas I want. But! All this means is I need to start getting creative in terms of blog posts so that I can share with you my love of leaf water.

On that note, I thought I’d write a post about some current faves, which were bought for me as a belated birthday gift.




I had never heard of lapacho until a friend bought me this blend as a belated birthday present, and when I first looked at this tea, my first thought was “it looks like bark”. Spoiler alert: it is in fact tree bark. Lapacho is the inner bark of the Pau d’arco tree and is used a lot in Central and South American cultures to treat a wide variety of things.


The balance of this blend is perfect - the blood orange is very refreshing and it’s a caffeine-free blend, so I can drink it past 5pm and not be awake all night.




Now that we’re past my birthday, it’s time to start thinking about the next most important time of the year: Christmas! Along with my Christmas Cake blend from Bluebird Tea Co., this tea is going to be a winter staple for me.

It’s a rooibos blend with almond pieces, pistachios, orange peel, coriander, pink peppercorn, and flavouring to create not just a visually gorgeous tea (photo coming soon!), but one of the most aromatic and sweet blends I own. I don’t really get the gingerbread vibe coming through, but that hasn’t stopped me enjoying cup after cup of it.

What are your favourite teas at the moment? Do you want to see any specific book- or tea-related posts? Let me know in the comments section down below!

Love to you all,
Zoe