Sunday, 12 June 2016

Weekly Wrap Up #8 + #9: Double Whammy


Hello lovelies! This week's wrap up is an update of the past 2 weeks, you lucky things.

Over the past 2 weeks I have been incredibly busy and it's been really hard to keep up with blogging, reading, uni work, and everything else. I always knew that June was going to be a hard one in terms of work but WHOA THERE FRIEND.

It hasn't all been bad though - last weekend my boyfriend was here to visit and we went exploring around Thuringia and made good food and went to see Warcraft (which was terrible, would not recommend). Plus, I agreed that for his birthday I would plan a surprise trip away for us. I didn't think I'd actually be able to carry the plan through because of money worries and the fact that he'd expect it to be a secret for as long as possible (he was discussing how he'd like to only find out once we'd actually LANDED). But first steps have been made! On Wednesday I booked flights for the both of us and it's going to be such a brilliant trip. I can't say anything more because I know that he will be reading anything I put on social media in the hope I let the destination slip so just know that it's awesome. If you have any tips on how I can keep it secret from him until 11th August, please let me know, they'd be much appreciated.

So, onto books.

Read
  • Cress - Marissa Meyer
I enjoyed this so much more than Scarlet, although it took me quite a long time to crawl out of the reading slump. I love Cress, I think she's an excellent character but Thorne really stole the show in this one <3 I felt like the plot moved at quite a good pace but I would have liked to hear more about Scarlet! I can't wait to get my hands on Winter, which I was supposed to get last week but accidentally cancelled my reservation so now I have to wait eveeen longer.

Started
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - J. K. Rowling
My reread of the Harry Potter series continues with book number 4 and IT IS EXCELLENT. I think that this is actually the first time I've reread Goblet of Fire, because it was the only book that I didn't own - I had to borrow it from my nan. I think it might be my favourite Harry Potter so far in the series, but I'm not sure whether this is actually true or whether it's just because everything feels new and therefore exciting and amazing.

Blog Posts

  • My first Top Ten Tuesday post went live, read it here!
  • J. A. George, author of Gifted, did a guest post!

I'm planning some exciting stuff for this blog, so keep your eyes peeled and remember to keep up to date with all things Readabilitea on Twitter, Instagram, and Goodreads. Have a lovely week, fellow book lovers!
Love to you all, 
Zoe