Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books

Welcome to my 2nd ever Top Ten Tuesday post! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is "most anticipated releases for the second half of 2016". I found this ridiculously hard - up until getting into book blogging, I would just read what was already out. For this reason, I couldn't think of 10, so have 5 instead!

1. Empire of Storms - S. J. Maas (September)

If you've been reading my blog recently, you'll know I have become slightly obsessed by the amazing writing endeavours of Sarah J. Maas and her wonderful world of Throne of Glass. If you're still not convinced, read my posts/odes here and here.

Anyway, the 6th instalment of the series is due to be released in September which is SO EXCITING. Let's all just take a moment to look at the cover again:

2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Illustrated Edition - J. K. Rowling + Jim Kay (October)

First of all, I am so glad the Harry Potter universe is up and running again, I can't believe that I live in time where I get to collect all of the books AGAIN. They are so tremedously beautiful. I love how the illustrations are taken from the book alone and feel so different to the film - I don't know about you, but when I read the books now, I can only see Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint, so it's nice to have a different image to use. Also did I mention how beautiful the books are?

3. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - J. K. Rowling (July)

Not only am I actually going to see the Cursed Child with my boyfriend in November - we booked it back in November 2015 - but we've also preordered the screenplay. If you've not seen the photos of the set from the previews that ran earlier this week, please search for them because they are magical

I spend way too much money on Harry Potter things. (But it's so worth it.) 

4. Homo Deus - Yuval Noah Harari (September)

Last summer I read Harari's Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind and absolutely loved it. It was the non-fiction book I had been looking for for YEARS - i.e. a book that would give me the lowdown on all of history. And that is exactly what it did. When I found out Harari was publishing a new book, it had to go on the list because I found his writing so informative and engaging and funny, which is a rare combination to find in non-fiction (in my experience). 

5. Scrappy Little Nobody - Anna Kendrick (November)

I'm not normally one for books written by famous people, but I love Anna Kendrick. She's hilarious and I can't wait to read her book and giggle away. 

Don't forget to link me to your top 10 posts! As you can see, I clearly need more books to get excited about. 
Love to you all, 
Zoe