Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Book Tag: This or That


My first book tag! Yay! I was tagged by the wonderful Rebecca @ Rebecca Reads to do the ‘This or That’ tag, a tag created by Ayunda @ Tea and Paperbacks.

1. Reading on the couch or on the bed?

I don't really get a choice in this one; I don't have a sofa, so bed it is. If I do have access to a sofa though, I would choose to read there.

2. Male main character or female main character?

I tend to read a lot of books written with female characters, so I guess female? I'm not really that bothered, it's not something I would consider greatly before choosing to read a book.

3. Sweet snacks or salty snacks when reading?

I don't eat whilst reading (usually) but sweet wins every time.

4. Trilogies or quartets?

Quartets - as long as it's a good series.

5. First-person point of view or third-person point of view?

Third person! I love getting to know everything about what's going on, and if done well it means that you don't have to sacrifice getting inside characters' thoughts (Maas, I'm looking at you.)

6. Reading at night or in the morning?

Whenever?! If there is a small gap in time where I can fit some reading in, chances are I'm reading. If I were to choose one though, it'd be night time; I stop working (if I started at all) at around 5pm, and I allow myself to get lost in a book after that. If I manage to get some reading worked into my morning routine before I start studying, it's a particularly good day.

7. Libraries or bookstores?

Bookstores, definitely. Since going to university, I've come to associate libraries even more with academia and stress and a second home in the run up to deadlines. Bookstores, on the other hand, are safe havens with comfortable furniture and sometimes coffee and beautiful covers that scream at me to buy them.

8. Books that make you laugh or make you cry?

Books that make me laugh! I can always do with a little extra laughter in my life!

9. Black book covers or white book covers?

My bookshelf is telling me white but my head is telling me black. Black books don't get as visibly dirty and also I bet they look great in bookstagram photos.

10. Character-driven or plot-driven stories?

Plot driven. Especially if it's a plot full of action and twists and badass fight scenes.

I tag: